Everyday Struggles- My "Why"

BESTLIFE Forums Week 1- Your Story/ Tracking Everyday Struggles- My "Why"

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Karyn 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Karyn

How many people can relate to the everyday struggles of being overweight?
    Clothes in the morning not fitting right, almost in tears over how the clothes look on your body
    Not even caring to wear make up half the time- I had given up on myself.
    Ashamed to order all the food you want from one fast food restaurant so you go through 2 drive thrus
    Secretly half admiring and half hating the “skinny people” around you
    Ducking from cameras because you don’t want proof of your current state
    Not recognizing yourself when you pass by a mirror
    Getting out of breath just walking to the back of the grocery store
    The worst… someone telling you that you have such a pretty face. Like it’s a shame you have such a fat ass

After my husband read my book- he couldn’t believe I had felt the way I did. He couldn’t tell. That was the point, I told him. It’s hard to talk about. It’s painful and embarrassing. And now I’m putting it out there for anyone to read. I wouldn’t have been able to do this a year ago- or even 6 months ago. Going through my plan has given me courage. My self esteem is better than it ever has been before. I know I’m not perfect. Not even close. But I’m willing to get my No’s and my Fails and keep going. I’m willing to have people judge me because I am confident of myself and I know this plan works. I am living proof. I am willing to be made fun of because I know sharing my experiences will help others out there in pain like I was. I am ready for some to laugh at me because I know some will laugh WITH me and laughing together is the best! I can take it because I think everyone deserves the experience of developing self love and happiness. Don’t feel sorry for me, feel love for others going through the same thing. Let them know about this plan and send them my way. We eat self- pity for breakfast around here… then we get to work and improve our lives.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.